Whether you have already brought home your new female puppy, or are about to welcome her into your life, you must decide on the perfect girl dog name for her.
There are many girly dog names, but for your puppy’s name to be unique, you might have to put a little more thought into it. If you need some help choosing a name for your puppy, then read on.
Ideas for coming up with a unique girl dog name
Consider naming your puppy after:
- A character in a book you read over and over.
- An actress from movies whose work you enjoy watching.
- Your favorite food.
- A beautiful flower.
- A pleasing scent, such as lavender or jasmine.
- A city, state, or country you have visited.
Cute girl dog names with meanings
Take a look at the list below for some examples of creative female dog names. You can either pick one of these for your puppy or use them to get more ideas.
- ABELIE – Honeysuckle (Italian).
- ABERCROMBIE – Old Scottish surname, wonderful for a Scottish Deer- hound or a Scottish Terrier.
- ALMOND – The name of the edible and widely cultivated seed of a tree in the Middle East and South Asia.
- BARBEL – Barbel Wockel of East Germany won four gold medals in track and field in the 1976 and 1980 Olympic Games.
- BEANIE – Brightly colored knitted cap worn by children.
- DONATELLA – Given by God (Italian).
- LESLIE – Garden of holly (Scottish).
- MYRA – Village (Japanese).
- MUSE – Goddess that inspires the creation of art and poetry.
- NELLIE – Very good name for a Labrador Retriever.
- PEIUMIE – “You are my comfort” in the language of flowers.
- RYA – Dragon (Japanese).
- SARA – Female child of purity (Japanese).
Common girl dog names
Avoid any names in the following list if you want your puppy to have a unique name.
While still in the process of determining the perfect female dog name, keep a few things in mind:
- Shorter names are easier for dogs to understand and quicker for people to say. If you have your heart set on a long name, use a shortened version of the name to call your dog.
- Do not pick a name that sounds similar to a rebuke or a command. This is because your dog may think that you are either scolding or commanding her every time you speak her name.
- Avoid embarrassing names since it is very possible that one day you will have to call out to your dog in public.
- Think ahead to when your little puppy will be an adult dog. Will the name you are considering now still suit your dog when she is all grown up?
- The ideal name for your dog would be one that fits her personality.
- If you want hundreds of dog names right at your fingertips you should download the Big Book of Dog Names, it’s FREE! Click Here!
Coming up with a unique girl dog name is more fun than choosing a common name that lots of other puppies already have. Giving your new dog her name is an important part of adopting her into the family, so choose it with care.
The Big Book Of Dog Names
Deciding on a brand new dog’s name can be a daunting task. Especially when you really don’t know what names are available. With the BIG Book of Dog Names, you can sit down with all your family members and look over an extensive list of cool dog names.
It’s the most comprehensive guide available on how to pick the perfect name for your new family member. It has been downloaded over 15.000 times and the best of all, it’s FREE!
Just enter your name and email below and you’ll get a copy of it right away.